Newlife Pure Raw Honey is New Zealand Honey at its very best : raw, natural, and full bodied.
The hives are located in the lush pastures of the Clean Air, Nuclear & Pollutant free islands of New Zealand.
The honey is prepared naturally.
No chemicals are used in the removal of honey from the hives.
100% Pure Natural Raw Honey.
Produced by New Zealand
R.A.W. Honey, LEESTON/TAURANGA
What Is Honey?
Honey is an important food source for bees. Bees must visit 2.5 million flowers and fly 35,000 miles to make one pound (0.45 kg) of honey.
Honey is absorbed much more slowly than is table sugar, thus stretching the available energy of honey over a longer period of time and preventing the excessive swings of energy and fatigue associated with table sugar.
Honey also has many of the necessary enzymes required to digest and convert its nutrients into energy properly.
For centuries, honey has been used not only in food and beverages, but also for health and medicinal purposes.
Why Should We Replace Sugar With Honey?
Common table sugar is known as sucrose. Though sucrose does exist in natural form, it is always found in combination with fibre and other nutrients. God placed sucrose in high-fibre substances (for example, sugarcane) in order to protect us from overconsumption of the sucrose.
Sugar as we know it today is a manmade substance. Man has removed the fibre and all other nutrients and concentrated the remaining sugar. As a result, the sucrose in our sugar bowls contains concentrations far exceeding those of any food that exists naturally. This unnatural substance often creates havoc to the normal physiological functions of the body.
Benefits of Pure Raw Honey
- Balances metabolism:
- Honey is such a complex substance that, unlike sugar, it contributes to the metabolic balance of our bodies rather than detracting from it.
- Fights free radicals and prevents premature aging:
- Honey contains several compounds. Known antioxidant compounds in honey are chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C, catalase and pinocembrin. These antioxidants provide defense against free radicals, thus prevent cell damage and premature aging.
- Contributes to strong bones:
- Unlike table sugar, which is 99.5% sucrose, raw honey has at least 165 identifiable components, i.e., a wide array of amino acids, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. The primary amino acid found in honey is praline, which is a major component of collagen, which holds the body together and serves as the chief matrix of which the bones are formed.
- Enhances calcium absorption:
- Eating honey along with supplemental calcium appeared to enhance calcium absorption, according to a study from Purdue University.
- For joints & hardened tissue:
- Dr. Paul Bragg and Dr. Patricia Bragg wrote. “If you suffer from premature old joints and hardened tissues, take the Apple Cider Vinegar and honey mixture once or twice daily … You will find after several months the misery will be gone from your joints.”
- As a sleep tonic:
- Raw honey, when combined with Apple Cider Vinegar, promotes sound sleep.
- As digestive aids:
- Raw honey contains enzymes that are present in the digestive juices, thus aid digestion.
- Promotes healthy teeth:
- Honey contains inhibine that hinders the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Promotes healthy gastro-intestines (Gl):
- While inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria, honey promotes the growth of probiotic bacteria in the gut which may help strengthen the immune system, improve digestion, lower cholesterol, and prevent colon cancer.
- Counteracts fatigue and boost energy levels:
- Best if combined with Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Soothes sore throat and respiratory discomfort and wards off asthma and allergy attacks:
- 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of bee pollen, and 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of warm water was suggested by Carl Wade, one of the most widely read health writers and researchers.
- Controls cholesterol:
- According to reputable sources like BBC news, WebMD Health Corp, American Chemical Society, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, certain anti-oxidants and vitamins found in honey are known to lower cholesterol and fight its accumulation in the body.
Uses of Honey
- A traditional folk medicine.
- An excellent natural preservative.
- A healthy substitute for sugar in beverages.
- For food preparation like cooking, baking and as a spread on breads.
- For hair and skin therapy.
The health and medicinal benefits of honey can only be effective provided that the honey is raw, pure, and organic. Most honeys on the market are treated with high heat, ultra-filtered, removing many of honey’s beneficial nutrients, enzymes, and antibacterial properties which are sensitive to heat. Besides, non-organic honey may contain traces of chemicals and pesticides that are harmful to the body. So choose raw and organic honey.
Precaution: It is advised that neither honey nor any other sweetener be given to children under 12 months. This is because an infant’s digestive secretions are not yet able to handle the intake of honey and other sweeteners, which may become toxic and a potential threat to infants.
"Which honey to buy" is sweetest question one would ask.
|Honey (3.5kg)||Honey (850gm)||Honey Manuka|
|Net Weight||3.5 kg||850 gm||350 gm|
|Price||RM 398.85||RM 107.95||RM 77.45|
|Price per gram||RM 0.11||RM 0.12||RM 0.22|
Summary : Save 10% when you buy Honey (3.5kg). Why is Manuka Honey so expensive?