Feeling stressed lately? Falling sick more often than usual? Less energetic?
If you can’t find the time or lack determination to commit to a full detox, a mini-detox would be your next answer!
NewLife™ Mini-Detox is designed to help you with
- clean eating,
- replenish your body with essential nutrients, and
- cleanse your body with detoxifying herbs and coffee enemas.
How to do a Mini-Detox?
Step 1 - Eat Clean
We suggest the following clean eating during the mini-detox that will help your body to rest, repair and rejuvenate from the inside out.
- Eat fresh, real and whole foods that provide maximal nutritional benefits. Your meals in a day should look like this:
- Consume 60-70% fruit and vegetables at each meal.
- Drink 3-4 glasses of cold-pressed, fresh fruit and vegetable juice.
- Reduce meat intake and eat lean proteins such as wild-caught sea fish and free-range eggs.
- Take healthy fats from nuts, seeds, extra virgin coconut oil and flax seed oil.
- Stay away from refined carbohydrates, such as breads, cereals, pasta, white rice, or any versions of them.
- Avoid all dairy except for homemade plain yoghurt.
- No packaged or processed foods (even the “healthy” versions).
- Keep well hydrated with distilled water.
You will be surprised by how amazing you will look and feel by doing the above for just a few days.
If you need some recipes of meals or snacks that you can enjoy during your mini-detox, make sure to check out our recipe book Food That Feeds. It also contains juices and smoothies recipes that you can enjoy every day, not just during your mini-detox.
Step 2 - Replenish Your Body with 6 Essentials
Each item helps to meet a certain nutritional need and support a variety of important functions within the body.
Herbal Klenz Powder
- Dietary fibre and detoxifying herbs, to cleanse the small and large intestines of encrustations caused by a diet of refined carbohydrates/foods.
- Prevents constipation and promotes healthy bowel movement.
- Removes heavy metals, parasites and toxins from the digestive system.
- Helps to stabilize blood sugar and control cholesterol levels.
- Replenishes friendly bacteria.
- Allows friendly bacteria to survive stomach acid and emerge intact in the intestines.
- Contains 10 billion Bifidobacterium longum and 1 billion Lactobacillus acidophilus, which are probiotics, and 200g Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), a prebiotic.
- Delicious and easy for all ages to consume.
- Restores electrolyte imbalance caused by an overconsumption of salt (sodium) in our daily diet.
- Healthy, plant-based source of natural potassium.
- Particularly important for those with hypertension.
Super Green Food ++
- Rich in phytonutrients which feed cells, tissues and organs.
A blend of 27 different super greens, super foods and antioxidants.
Cold extracted to preserve nutritional quality.
Helps to fill nutritional gaps caused by our daily diet.
Omega Flaxseed Oil
- Essential Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Prevents of many chronic illnesses.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Reduces inflammation in the body.
- Cold-pressed from organically-grown golden flaxseeds to preserve taste and nutritional quality.
- With 80% Silymarin, Liverin is a potent blend of herbs – Milk Thistle Extract, Dandelion, Artichoke Extract, Burdock and Celery Extract.
- Detoxifies, protects and promotes the health of the liver and kidney.
- Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Step 3 - Enhance Detoxificaiton with Coffee Enemas
Coffee enemas are used to cleanse the liver and the blood. It does so by doing three things:
- The palmitic acid salts in coffee stimulate the product of Glutathione-S-Transferase (GST) in the liver by up to 700%. GST, found in almost every cell in the body, is an antioxidant that combats inflammation and is valued for its role in detoxifying the liver by binding to chemicals, toxins and heavy metals, making them water-soluble so that they can be passed out. It also acts as a “master antioxidant” that supports the function of other antioxidants in the body.
- When caffeine is removed from the bloodstream by the liver, it dilates the bile duct, facilitating an increase in bile flow that helps to detoxify the liver.
- The coffee solution promotes intestinal peristalsis and the transit of the toxic bile together with the toxins from the blood, from the duodenum, and out of the rectum.
In addition to detoxifying the liver and the blood, coffee enema also:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves liver health
- Combats free radical damage and reduces inflammation
- Provides relief from pain and other inflammatory symptoms
- Has anti-aging effects
Coffee enemas should not be used on their own and should be done together with NewLife™ health programmes or with other nutritional supplements, juices, etc.
Step 4 - Manage Your Stress & Sleep
A mini-detox is a great opportunity to prioritize healthy stress management and make sure that we get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
Setting a fixed bedtime is important for having good quality and sufficient sleep. This also means that we need to exercise self-control with things like watching TV or surfing the net before bed.
You should avoid eating heavy meals within 1 hour of bedtime.
If you happen to have a late dinner, what could help is taking half a teaspoon of N.Zimes PA Plus™ after dinner to support digestion before bedtime.
If you are getting too hungry before sleep, what might help is having a small bowl of yoghurt with a tablespoon of Omega Gold Flaxseed Oil. This will keep your stomach from growling as you try to sleep. Yoghurt is very easy to digest and will not stress your digestive system while the rest of your body rests. Besides, yoghurt contains sleep-inducing properties such as tryptophan, serotonin, melatonin, magnesium and calcium.
We recommend taking 1-2 tablets of C Complex (1000mg)t 1-2 tablets of B Complex, and 1 tablet of Niacin before bed. They support the body’s healing processes during sleep and help you wake up fresh in the morning.