If you are feeling too overwhelmed with everything that is going on, perhaps what is shared below will help you reduce the anxiety and improve your immune system during these stressful times.
The B Vitamins are well known for their importance in wound-healing, mental wellness and stress management. But did you know that 5 of the B Vitamins are particularly important for your immune system?
- Vitamin B1:
- Also called Thiamine, it is known as an “anti-stress” vitamin because it strengthens the immune system and improves the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions. It was named B1 because it was the first B vitamin discovered.
- In a clinical trial, researchers found that treating patients with B1 reduced infection-related death by nearly 500%.
- Vitamin B6:
- The body uses this vitamin to make immune system cells and to increase the number of infection-fighting antibodies. So useful is B6 when it comes to our health that critically ill patients given supplements of this vitamin were all found to show increased immune responses.
- Vitamin B9:
- Also known as folic acid, this vitamin is particularly useful when it comes to supporting the immune system as we age. Whenever a virus enters our body, T-cells jump into action, proliferating rapidly. As we get older, we naturally produce less T-cells. Luckily, folic acid helps T-cells proliferate again, and that is good when it comes to supporting the immune system as we age.
- Vitamin B12:
- It has an important role in white blood cell production, and white blood cells are essential for proper immune system function.
- Vitamin B3:
- Also known as niacin, this vitamin is required for DNA repair work as well as energy metabolism within the body. A recent article published in the Journal Nature, by a team from China, presents new evidence suggesting that niacin may help strengthen the lungs and protect lung tissues. The article suggests starting niacin when you develop a cough as it may offer some protection from the potential damage that Covid-19 or other viruses can cause.
NewLife Niacin (Vitamin B3)
NewLife™’s Niacin is an inexpensive supplement and can be taken on a daily basis.
Within 20-30 minutes of taking Niacin, the blood vessels dilate, some of us may experience a warm sensation spreading across the body. This sensation is commonly known as the ‘Niacin Flush’ and is similar to the feeling you get after a good workout at the gym. The degree of the flush varies from person to person, and less flush is experienced when taken just after a meal. Regardless of the degree of flush one might experience, it does not affect the effectiveness of Niacin for its various therapeutic uses.
Niacin is ideal for those who…
- have poor blood circulation
- have concerns over high cholesterol level
- want to build and maintain healthy skin and hair
- want a boost in memory power
- want to build and maintain a healthy digestive system
- are looking for the perfect anti-aging supplement to “reverse the clock”
- have skin problems, including psoriasis and eczema
- want a natural regimen that may help with depression, schizophrenia and other mental illnesses
Sources of B Vitamins
Daily intake of B Vitamins is highly recommended mainly because they are water soluble (which means the body does not have the ability to store them).
Best sources of B Vitamins can be obtained from:
- Whole grains (brown rice, barley, millet)
- Meat (grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and turkey)
- Fish (wild-caught halibut, tuna, trout, salmon)
- Dark green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, kailan)
- Fruits (organic bananas, red pepper, prunes, avocado)
- Legumes (beans, lentils)
- Nuts and seeds (pistachios, sunflower seeds)
- Nutritional yeast
Please note that you can only get B12 from animal sources. So, if you are a vegan, it is crucial that you take a B12 supplement daily.
However, as much as 50% of these essential vitamins can be lost when such foods are heated, canned, frozen or processed. Taking NewLife™’s B Complex can be helpful to ensure you’re getting enough B Vitamins.
B Complex, taken daily together with Niacin, provides the body with the full spectrum of B Vitamins that are needed to maintain good health. B Complex and Niacin are particularly important for:
- Women during menstruation and pregnancy
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Vegans and strict vegetarians
- People who are anaemic
- People who get tired often
- People who are under stress
- People who are restless
- People with sleeping disorders
- People with difficulty in concentration
- People with mental health issues such as depression or anxiety
- People that have cardiovascular problems and are at risk of developing heart attack or stroke