Why are Vitamin C Critical to our Health?
Vitamins are essential to life. Since most vitamins and minerals cannot be manufactured in the body, they must be supplied by your diet. They contribute to good health by regulating the metabolism and assisting the biochemical process that releases energy from digested foods. Antioxidants are a group of vitamins which help to protect the body from the formation of free radicals. Free radicals are agents that cause damage to cells, thus impairing the immune system and leading to infections and various degenerative diseases.
A known and world recognized antioxidant is vitamin C. This antioxidant is considered the best protection against aging and other diseases.
8 Benefits of Vitamin C
- It is required for tissue growth & repair, proper adrenal gland function, & healthy gums and teeth.
- It protects against the harmful effects of pollution, protects against infection, and enhances immunity.
- It protects against blood clotting, bruising, promotes the healing of wounds, & the production of anti-stress hormones.
- It is vital for the proper nourishment of white blood cells and also acts as a natural antihistamine which is useful to reduce nasal swelling, as well as reduce other symptoms of allergies.
- Vitamin C plays an essential role in the manufacture of collagen, a substance in the connective tissue that helps to prevent premature aging.
- Sufficient intake of Vitamin C kills off pathogenic bacteria, acting as a harmless antibiotic. It protects the cells of the brain and spinal cord, which frequently incur free radical damage.
- It helps the body absorb more iron. It plays a key role in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells.
- It is needed for the metabolism of folic acid and other vitamins.
10 Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency
- Muscular weakness
- Appetite loss
- Skin hemorrhage
- Swollen jaws
- Slow healing of wounds & fractures
- Bleeding gums
- Excessive bruising
- Low resistance to infections
Recommended Dosage of Vitamin C
Adult: 2000-3000mg daily. In times of lowered immunity or illness, you may take up to 10,000mg daily (hourly taken).
Children: 8-12 years: 500mg daily. In times of lowered immunity or illness, a tablet may be taken every 2 hours.
Can you Consume Too Much Vitamin C?
As vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, the body rids itself of excessive vitamin C. It is non-toxic, even when taken in large amounts. However, when a very excessive amount is taken, it may cause diarrhea, which is believed to bring a cleansing effect to the body.
Do you know that an orange (freshly plucked from a tree) provides you with only 60mg of Vitamin C? In order to achieve the adult daily minimum requirement of one gram (1000mg) of Vitamin C, you would have to eat approximately 18 oranges (picked fresh from a tree). Thus, it is imperative to take Vitamin C supplements.
3 Reasons Why Nature’s Gift Vitamins Superior
- Nature’s Gift Vitamins are manufactured by using costly quality control procedures that are designed to maintain potency & quality.
- The special 100% natural vegetable micro-gel sustained release system provides a 40% better utilization rate than regular tablets.
- It comes with a guaranteed potency which meets and exceeds US federal regulations.
Vegetarian Formula. Sustained Release.
Use as a dietary supplement, one tablet daily.
KEEP TIGHTLY CLOSED IN A COOL, DRY PLACE, KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Product of U.S.A.
Each Tablet Contains :
Vitamin C 500mg
Rose Hips(Rosa canina) 50mg
Global Health Laboratories Amityville N.Y.
Ingredients : Vitamin C, Rose Hips, Rosa Canina
Ever wondered which Vitamin C to buy?
Vitamin C 500mg
Vitamin C Complex
|Volume||500mg x 90 tablets||1000mg x 90 tablets|
|Price||RM 71.55||RM 151.05|
|Price per tablet||RM 0.79||RM 1.67|