Spirulina – The World’s Healthiest Food
Healthy food is your best defense
Foods are the first line of defense against the negative effects of our stressful lifestyle, pollution, chemicals, toxins, and diseases. Due to the way food is prepared these days, many ‘foods’ we eat today are nutritionally deficient. Poor food choices leave us weak and vulnerable to disease.
The good news is that many essential nutrients that help to protect our bodies are found and concentrated in Spirulina, which contains the most
powerful combination of nutrients found in any grain, herb, or food.
Benefits of Spirulina
- Spirulina is a high-protein food, containing all the essential amino acids and only a few calories (without the fat and cholesterol of meat).
- Spirulina has 3 times more Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) than that of Evening Primrose Oil. GLA in mothers* milk helps develop healthy babies.
- Iron is essential to building healthy blood cell. Spirulina is rich in iron, magnesium, and trace minerals, and the iron found in Spirulina is easier to absorb than that found in iron supplements. Spirulina has 6 times the iron of beef liver.
- Spirulina contains 3 times more Vitamin E than wheat germ.
- Spirulina is richer in chlorophyll (a natural cleanser) than Alfalfa or Wheat Grass.
- World-class athletes use Spirulina to improve performance. The Cuban Ministry of Sports gave it to their athletes during intensified training before the 1996 Olympic Games. The Chinese prescribed it for athletes of all sports. Nearer to home. Jasmine Leong, Sabah State and National swimmer, took Spirulina to help provide energy and increase stamina before any training or competition. She represented Malaysia in the 90s at the Asia-Pacific Junior Swimming Championships in S. Korea and won Malaysia a silver medal.
How To Know Your Spirulina is The Best Quality?
Now knowing the benefits of Spirulina alone is not enough, for we must be fully aware of the quality of the Spirulina that we consume.
Are you getting your money’s worth? Or are you being short-changed? How can you be sure you are consuming Spirulina that is of a superior quality?
Several factors influence the quality and production of Spirulina. Climate, temperature and water supply critically determine its quality. In order to produce a pure culture of Spirulina, close scrutiny must be given to the micro-algae biology and a closed ecology system to prevent algae contamination or heavy metal contamination.
NewLife Nature’s Gift Spirulina is sourced from one of the world’s finest Spirulina-producing companies. For more than a quarter of a century, our supplier has been operating 3 sophisticated Spirulina farms with a production capacity of 1.000 tons per year. This makes them the world’s largest Spirulina producers.
Each harvest is tested to ensure premium quality Spirulina. A comparison analysis between NewLife Nature’s Gift Spirulina and other sources reveals the higher quality of NewLife’s Spirulina.
Remarks : Sample A did not have sufficient Total Carotenoids and Phycocyanin compared to Newlife Spirulina, owing to degradation of the product potency by oxidisation.
Sample B not only had an insufficient level of Total Carotenoids, but it also carries Coliform, an indication of poor sanitation during the production process. Also, both Sample A and B have a greater level of Total Pheophorbibe, which could be the initiator of photosensitivity.
NewLife Spirilulina, on the other hand, demonstrated a higher quality of these elements in many aspects. It scored highest in all phytonutrients, such as Total Carotenoids, Chlorophyll and Phycocyanin. and possessed the lowest Pheophorbibe content. In addition, it also carries an independent certification declaring that it is free from Microcystin toxins.
Directions for Taking Newlife Spirulina
Research suggests that 3 to 10 grams of Spirulina a day will provide significant health benefits. Daily use is extremely beneficial. Capsules and tablets allow convenient consumption any time. Many enjoy Spirulina powder mixed in their fruity yoghurt smoothie as a power-packed breakfast!
Traditionally used as food supplement. This is a traditional preparation. Please consult a doctor if symptoms persist. Vegetarian formula.
Free from artificial colors and preservatives.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. KEEP IN COOL, DRY PLACE BELOW 35c
Each tablet contains 200gm Spirulina platensis. NO added sugar, starch, fillers, coating, preservatives, or colour.
Kin Herbs Pharma Sdn Bhd
Many people ask "Which Spirulina should I buy?"
Spirulina Tablets (200gm)
Spirulina Tablets (80gm)
|Net Weight||200 gm||200 gm. Approx 1000 tablets.||80 gm. Approx 400 tablets.|
|Contents||Powder||Approx 1000 Tablets||Approx 400 Tablets|
|Price||RM 119.80||RM 174.90||RM 75.80|
|Price per gram||RM 0.59||RM 0.87||RM 0.94|
Summary : Tablets costs 46% more than Powder.